Sunday, December 9, 2012

Mommy

I've been feeling sick this weekend. It's not something I ever enjoy. I hate missing school, and I hate feeling sick. However, this post isn't about how sick I feel, but because I've been sick I've been watching a lot of TV. One series I've been intently watching a lot is something called Snapped where there are murder cases that are solved but they take you through the process. Mostly, wives taking the lives of their husbands.
The last episode I sat down to watch was this woman who got married, and had to daughter, but her husband died of a "heart attack." They did no autopsy. Later, this woman got remarried. This husband also died but this time it was a supposed "suicide." It was a curious case so they dug deeper into it.
The detectives discovered her second husband had been poisoned but not because he attempted to take his life. They also dug up her first husband and discovered he too was poisoned by the same substance as the second husband. As they began piecing everything, this woman took her eldest daughter and the two were drinking together when 911 was called. The woman claimed her daughter had overdosed.
Along with the girl was a "suicide note" admitting to killing her father and her step father. However, the daughter awoke in the hospital not remembering ever trying to take her own life, but remembering drinking with her mother and telling her she thought the beverage tasted funky. Later, it was discovered this woman poisoned her first and second husband and tried to kill her daughter and blaming her for the poisoning.
Of course the woman was found guilty, yet, she still says she's innocent, but the reason this murder stood out to me is the fact that this woman has no sense of love at all. She would stoop to the level of killing her own daughter! Her own blood! She'd kill her daughter and frame her!
I sit in bed, feeling sick, feeling like I'm going to throw up at any second, but my mother comes into my room as frequently as she can to take care of me. To help me heal faster. She feeds me, she lays with me, she checks up on me, but never, NEVER, would she attempt to murder me. The world we live in is cruel and filled with senseless killing. But framing a daughter for one's mistake is just too low.
I look at my mother and see such a strong person. Someone smart and patient. Of course there are days where I want to eat her head off, but that's what happens. My mom has been working longer than I've been alive. She struggles with a lot of physical and emotional pain. At one point, she held up the entire family because my dad was unemployed. I also know, my mom will never leave my sister and I, she would never blame us for anything, and she will, without a doubt, defend us in anything. She's my super mom and she deserves a lot more credit than I am giving her. If only I could get her on the Ellen Degeneres show... that would maybe come close to awarding her with something. But nothing will ever be enough to even out how much she's been there for me. My mom is an amazing woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment