Monday, December 17, 2012

Birthdays

Today is my birthday. My birthday has never really felt like my birthday until today. Before it use to be such a small, family oriented kind of family. Today, it was still family oriented but it actually felt like it was about me. Since my birthday is pretty close to Christmas I don't expect too many gifts, and if I do it usually counts for my birthday and my Christmas. Today, I got a lot of presents. They were simple, but they were heartfelt and that's what I loved the most.
Usually, I try not to tell anyone it's my birthday, but sometimes I let it slip. Today, I felt very blessed and lucky. I got out of an oral exam for Spanish because of a lock down. I was sung to my two of my classes, and I got to spend the night stress free and happy.
If you caught that, yes, my school was put on lock down due to a suspicious man wandering nearby wearing camouflage pants, a white T-shirt, a bullet proof vest, and carrying a green duffle bag. This freaked out everybody due to the incident in Connecticut. I'll admit, I was pretty scared, but the fear subsided and so did the day because the man was caught no more than 8 minutes later.
My night consisted of video games and chatter. I got a lot of phone calls from my families in Colombia and Mexico, and even my godfather whom I haven't seen in years. My godmother came over with my godbrother, and my sponsor from my confirmation called me. It was a very nice night. I got to see my cousin, and hear from family. I spent the day with my boyfriend, and my parents got all the food I wanted. I felt quite special.
The fact that I had the chance to celebrate my birthday was exciting and when I can be able to say I spent time with family and got presents, makes me very grateful. I'm sure there are kids out there that wish they could forget their birthdays or don't get anything special like I did. It's something I've always gotten depressed over. It makes me grateful and bad. What I have, someone else wants, what they want they can't get, and when I ask for something, I usually get it. There are times in life where I just need time to sit down and appreciate what I have. And what I have is love, family, and material things that don't mean as much as the person who gave them to me. Today was a very good birthday and I thank everyone a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment