Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Do Over


One of my favorite things to do in my free time is read. I've read quite a few books. Whether it was for school or on my own. Most of the books I've read, I've actually enjoyed. The books I enjoy are usually either Murder Mysteries or typical teenage romance books. I'm a girl, what do you expect? It's been getting harder for me to buy books like I use to do, and on top of that, I have no time anymore. It's saddening.

Recently, I finished rereading a book for the third time. (Like most of the books I've read.) I enjoyed it again and it was always a book I enjoyed. A few weeks back I went to the movies with some friends and was caught off guard when I saw a banner announcing the release of a movie. My first thought was that I just had to watch it. Later, I went to Target and saw the new book cover. It was disappointing.

I didn't know any of the actors, which isn't a bad thing, I've always wanted to see a movie like that, but the characters just did not meet my expectations. I started to get nervous, but I told myself that I should give it a chance. Today my sister told me the trailer was out so I looked it up and watched it. Now I'm disappointed. This is the second time I've been disappointed by a movie based on a favorite book of mine. There are times where I just want to film my own version. It'll probably turn out the same as the real film. This time, it wont cost more than it should. All it takes is having connections. There's no fear in failing, just fear of losing what I haven't earned. Let's just say, I don't want any trouble with anyone when I know I can't afford it.

Testing it out may be better than sitting around complaining about it. There are times where there must be a better solution. Takes time to figure out what it was. Here's my challenge, not just for me, but for anyone adventurous enough: film something you want to make better. A book, a movie, a trailer anything! Make it the way you want it with the people you want. Who knows, maybe it will be the best thing that happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment