Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Blind

It takes me too long to see with blinded eyes. I know I'm not the only one either. There have been several different insidents where I refused to see what was happening. My friends have gone through the same and I'm sure everyone has.
My first boyfriend was a cheater. I never knew until every time he broke up with me. Obviously I never saw what he was doing until it was already too late. I had a friend who got with my ex boyfriend, okay, maybe she wasn't a good friend but anyway, she got with him and I warned her that he is a cheater, but she still didn't listen. Of course, he cheated on her with another friend of mine. This other friend told me she was dating him and I told my friend he was cheating on her. She didn't believe me. I asked my other friend to confront my friend and she did. She went up to my friend and told her, but my friend still didn't believe her. My other friend showed my friend texts and pictures. My friend still didn't believe her and stayed with her boyfriend.
My other friend was smart enough to break up with him and moved on. Eventually my friend broke up with my ex and went back to normal, she still hates me though. Not because he cheated on her but because I use to talk crap about her boyfriend, who was my ex, so... I guess it's my fault for being mean to my ex who cheated on me more than once then she got with him. Sorry.
This is one situation where someone is blind. Another time, for me, was when my best friend had been playing tricks behind my back with my boyfriend at the time. Granted, I didn't really like him but still, he had the title as my boyfriend. Apparently, my best friend liked him and thought she had more in common with him and started making more efforts to spend time with him. She'd get dropped of in front of his house and walk to school with him every morning. She started texting him more while I was clueless that she was even texting him.
After two weeks of us being officially together he broke up with me. In the moment it stung but I quickly got over it and continued with my life. Three months later I was cleaning out my locker when a letter fell out. It was from my ex but it had no date on it, so I had no clue when it got in my locker. He was apologizing for the way he broke up with me and said he wanted to stay friends, but by the time I read this I wasn't sure if I had already been ignoring him.
That morning my "best friend" showed up and I told her about the letter. She acted shocked. Months later my mom was talking to my ex-boyfriend's mom and she told my mom that my best friend had been spending a lot of time with him, going to the movies every Friday and things like that. When my mom mention the letter, his mom told mine that his sisters told him to write it and give it to me the next day, but he had handed it to my "best friend" to give to me. I guess she and I had gone to my locker because she somehow snuck it in my locker without my knowledge and I didn't see until 3 months later.
Of course when summer began that year I was talking to my current boyfriend and stopped talking to my "best friend." This was me being blinded by friendship. Now, its me being blinded by love. For two years I've been with my boyfriend and he no longer does anything for me. Sadly, he no longer surprises me by the things he says and does. We don't go on dates because he doesnt have any money or a car. I like going for walks but he doesn't. I like playing sports but he doesn't want me to get hurt. I like playing table games, but he find it boring. I like talking but he gets bored after 3 minutes. Anytime I ask him to stop doing something or pay attention to me, he doesn't listen.
I had hoped that by coming to Colombia he would miss me and try to talk me either by calling or by Facebook. Neither happened. He claimed that he tried calling but it didn't work and that Facebook doesn't work because he doesn't go on as much, which I knew was a lie because he was always checking Instagram so why not check Facebook to see if your girlfriend sent you anything. Only once did he send me a message telling me he missed me and loved me, and that was 3 weeks ago. Now, I see him go on Facebook, I know when he's online, but he never sent me anything. He never called either. My family noticed that he wasn't making an effort and talks a lot of crap about my boyfriend and I let them because how is it that we've been together for 2 years and he doesn't make an effort to send me anything? Every time my dad calls he tells my mom how much he misses her, he's the one to call and tell her that he loves her and that he hopes she's okay and having fun. My parents have been married 26 years and my dad still tells my mom that he loves and misses her. Why can't I have that?
My thoughts have been going crazy and so have my emotions. The only thing left to do is wait and see if this relationship is worth struggling to keep together. Do I deserve this treatment or do I deserve more?

No comments:

Post a Comment