Saturday, July 13, 2013

Advice

It's been two weeks since I came to Colombia and it's been an experience I hope to never forget. Missing my friends, boyfriend, and family has been difficult, but I've been getting by thanks to Facebook. My friend, let's say Cory, has been helping me pass the time. He does work so we don't get to talk all the time but when we can message each other then we will and we talk of nothing in particular.
Recently he was telling me that he wanted to admit to his crush that he liked her but wasn't sure how to do it. I did my best to help him, but he still got rejected. Honestly, I felt like it was my fault, but I knew my job was to cheer him up and say stupid things to get him to forget. I've spent more time talking to Cory than with my boyfriend. My boyfriend almost got mad at me, but I told him that at least Cory answers. That's when my boyfriend backed off. My boyfriend has been more worried about football and usually forgets to even check whether I sent him anything so I stopped sending him messages.
Luckily, my boyfriend's lack of responding allowed me to talk to Cory. I realized that I've known Cory longer than I've been with my boyfriend, which is why I feel comfortable telling him anything and everything; he feels the same towards me, so I guess you can say that he's one of my best friends. Cory isn't that good and choosing the right girlfriends so he's been hurt a lot. It makes me wish I could help him in some way but what can I do? I am truly lost in that sense because I make my own mistakes and highly doubt I'd be the best person for advice.
I'm not sure if I've written it before, but I use to want to be the girl that had been with a lot of guys or kissed/made out with a lot of guys, which wasn't a very smart idea. Luckily, it stopped early on before it got out of hand. Now, I am unsure of myself in the giving advice about relationships. I have another best friend, her name shall be Betty, and she has been in a relationship with a guy for around five months now. She likes to come to me for advice since I've been with my boyfriend for two years, but I really don't understand how it was that we lasted so long so I don't know what to tell Betty. "Be happy. And spend time with your boyfriend." That's all I can really say.
Relationships are a tricky thing because it differs depending on the couple. Couples that I use to think wouldn't last, lasted much longer than I expected, and relationships that I thought would last never really did. I'm a bad judge in relationships, and people. I use to hang out with the wrong crowd before I found the friends I have now. My cousin here in Colombia has friends that scare most people at first sight. Gothic friends I guess you could say, and everyone at our welcoming party felt uncomfortable seeing them, but once the music began to play and everyone, including my cousin's friends, got up to dance. In the end, they were very nice people.
I continue to learn my lesson when it comes tonrelationships and judging people. As far as giving advice, let's just say, don't come to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment