Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Apologies

When I'm wrong I try to make sure I apologize for it. It's hard to come by people who apologize or is the first to apologize. Previously I had written poorly about Sam and his family, I was wrong and it took me a few more days to realize my mistake. This is my apology.
Sam is a spoiled child but the way he is is because of a factor of things. Because he is an only child he's never really had someone to look up to for an example like most of his cousins. Another issue with being an only child is that his parents are still learning how to raise a child. So there are times when he gets reprimanded for something not that isn't a big issue.
I only wish I knew more of Sam's story but anytime anyone gets serious and tries to ask him he either ignores them or avoids the question. It makes me think there is so much more than I'm seeing, but it's gotten too complicated for me to find out. Hopefully by the end of my trip I would have pieced the entire picture together.
Nowadays people, like me, tend to jump to conclusions about each other. There's been several stories on Facebook that promote the idea of not being quick to judge. "See that pregnant girl? She was raped. See that boy with the red eyes? He spent the night crying for his mom who has cancer. See that girl with the cuts on her wrist? She's being abused by her father." And these stories tend to change but the message is the same: everyone has a story and reason for being the way they are.
When I started high school rumors had followed me from middle school that I despised. Rumors that called me a slut and whore. It hurt me for years. It hurt me to the point where I would hurt myself. It was all because girls would see me hanging out with a group of guys and automatically say I slept with them all. Girls are usually quick to judge but it's a bad habit thats hard to get rid of.
Here's my challenge to you: if you know you've done something wrong or have said something bad, try to apologize for it. It's better to be the bigger man and apologize than holding a grudge.

No comments:

Post a Comment