Saturday, June 29, 2013

Colombia

I finally made it to the place famously known for their coffee, or what most say, "the land of cocaine." Obviously I didn't come here for the drugs or even the amazing coffee, I came with my mom to visit family and get a taste of the country through so many different events. So far, I have jet lag and am in zombie mode, but come Monday, everything begins to happen.
Our plan is to visit family in different towns in Colombia, such as Zipaquira and Suarez. On top of seeing family, we aim to enjoy a few tourist attractions such as Las Minas de Sal and El Museo de Oro, which when translated means The Salt Mines and The Gold Museum. We also made the effort to go to Cartagena, one of the most famous parts of Colombia, I've never been there, but I am very excited to go!
Unpacking is done, the weather is nice and cold, unlike in Cali, and my family cannot wait to spend time with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment