Thursday, June 13, 2013

Grow up!

It's been brought to my attention several times of America's stupidity and racism but today really put me over the edge. Sebastian de la Cruz is a young HISPANIC boy that is an amazing singer. I am very proud to share my heritage with him and most impressed at his talent because that is where I saw him for the first time. He auditioned for America's Got Talent and he really blew me away, especially for a kid his age.
What put me over was the controversy of him singing the National Anthem. This boy is a natural born American, but because he dresses like a Marriachi singer and looks Mexican, America is offended! This boy has every right to sing the National Anthem! Some say that it's because he's "a minor." That is, for lack of a better word, BULLSHIT. I am an acquaintance with a girl, my age (a minor) who has been asked several different times to sing the National Anthem for baseball games, hockey games, and so on, but not once has anyone complained that because she's a minor she should not be allowed to sing the National Anthem!
He's HISPANIC people, don't fear the race! Admit it! Everyone is just being racist and doesn't want to be seen in a country that likes the diversity of things. If you don't like diversity, move! All foreigners moved because they didn't like their country, or they were seeking the better life, we are not slowing you down! Don't like something? Change it? Don't like taking action? You're screwed! I for one am extremely proud of the mayor of San Antonio, Texas because he stood up, looked all those racists in the face and said "F** You" by asking Sebastian to sing again. You deserve it, America.
You chose to live in this country so deal with the consequences and discomforts. My family does it, my friends families do it. Anyone who has decided to move to this country deals with their surroundings. You should too. Don't try to start drama where you're going to loose. Anyone who likes the "traditional" lifestyle, take a look around. The world is constantly changing and is not waiting for you to catch up with it. Homosexuals, Transgenders, Cross dressers, Mexicans, Filipinos, Chinese, Taiwanese, etc. are living among us everyday! Not everyone likes it, but not everyone says so. Anyone who opposes is denying the world of change! CHANGE! YOLO! A really stupid concept of "You Only Live Once." I hate that concept but at times like these it makes sense. Why spend your life worrying about what other people are doing, saying, or being? Enjoy YOUR life and forget everyone else. Do what YOU want without worrying about what everyone else is doing! Focus on yourself!
There are times where I do not agree with what someone is saying or doing and most of the time I don't do anything because why should I spend my life concerning myself with other people's problems? Why spend what little time I have fighting with a group of people that will probably win anyway? The way I look at it, a lot of people are wasting their lives fighting the homosexuals, protesting those women who get abortions, calling out the crimes caused by police officers, etc. unless you feel like you have nothing else to live for, great, but you're taking away from others who are trying to focus on their lives and live it to the fullest. You're getting in the way of change. Change can be good, but you have to give it a chance. Here's my challenge to you: stop being racist, stop worrying about other people, stop complaining, just enjoy your life and do what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment