Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Proposition 8

Finally California is thinking straight! Not in the sense that they only care about straight marriage but in the sense that they are now allowing gays to get married! I approve of this change because slowly but surely the people of America are accepting the change I have longed to see. The change that most idiotic Americans refused to accept. The change that they wanted to deny is now broken even if was only in one area.
Change is something that must be accepted or else be killed by it. It has been said to me on more than one occasion that my generation has no respect (which is true) and that they are so moronic to the point where when we grow up we are going to back the wrong decisions that could potentially destroy the Nation. Talk about melodramatic. To be completely honest, my generation doesn't give a rats ass and won't make any real decisions. And even if we did, we'd be more considerate of other options and not be selfish to the point where we exclude groups of people.
At times I do despise my generation for their lack of awareness, but I have fai that they will make the rot decisions when the time comes. If we every need to decide on anything and America is so desperate for our opinion then maybe we will do something a about it. I personally am not going to help those desperate Americans because for so long now I have heard nothing but stupid comments on my generation and really idiotic decisions for the sake of America. I had lost respect for America but today they gained a little of it back with finally changing proposition 8.
Come to think of it, I had a long, heated discussion with a friend in middle school about proposition 8 and he was appalled that I was all for it. He, on the other hand, thought of it as a disgrace. One of my arguments to him was, "why deny a certain group of people their rights of freedom and equality in America by not allowing them to get married? It's like me not letting you wear that red jacket because it doesn't match your skin tone." sounds dumb but makes sense. Sometimes America does sound moronic and it's time to look good for once. Accept the change!

No comments:

Post a Comment