Thursday, March 28, 2013

Girlfriend

I'd like to think I'm a good girlfriend. I sacrifice my time, my friends, my hobbies, all just to tend to my boyfriend. Whenever I'm not distracted, I'm usually thinking about him. I dream about what we could do together, and yet, none of it ever happens. We're just so different.
"Opposites attract." Yes they do, but they don't coexist with one another. The don't fit together, in fact, their attracted but pushed apart at the same time. I use to think my boyfriend and I had so much in common. I couldn't be more wrong. Yes, we liked the general things, but when it fell into the details we weren't cohesive.
I love sports. Basketball, tennis, mostly soccer. Parties are the best when I'm around because I'm so spontaneous and vociferous that everyone is entertained. I don't get embarrassed easily, in fact, I embrace it. Expensive things are stupid to me. Give me something cheap or free and I will appreciate it more than anything as long as it came from the heart. Nature is the best thing in the world! Being surrounded by trees, the breeze, the sound of water. It's all so peaceful and beautiful.
However, I don't get to any of these things I enjoy so much. Sports are too dangerous, "I don't want you to get hurt," he says. Cute, but I can handle it, just let me try. No.
Party? I love to party! No. Too risky. Too many people are doing what I don't like. So? Just because they're doing something I don't agree with doesn't mean I'm going to give them a lecture. I'll let them be and do my own thing, I don't mind. I entertain myself and that's that.
Let's go walk around. Let's go to the park. Let's bike ride! Let's do something outside! No. "I'm too tired," "It's too hot." Really?
I'm a huge Disney fan! I love movies! Theater performances! Museums! I've lived in California my whole life and not once have I been to the Santa Monica Pier! Take me! No, no, no!
And yet, I cannot keep away. I am attracted to my opposite and I can't seem to let go. When he kisses me on the head. Holds my hand gently. Takes my face in his hands and tells my he loves me and never wants anything to happen to me. When we cuddle together and it's not at all sexual. When he fixes my hair. Writes me cards. Buys me gifts. These actions win me over and I can't help it. I'm definitely attracted.
Yes, I would like that I can do everything I like again. Hear him say yes for once.
This may sound dumb to you or maybe you agree with me, but as personal as this is, and I know my boyfriend wont like it, but today I wasn't expecting to call my boyfriend and hear him tell me that a girl friend is picking him up and taking him to her house. Thanks for the heads up. What does he expect me to say? "Oh joy! I'm so glad this girl friend of yours is picking you up and taking you with her to her house where I have no clue where it's located! Enjoy..." Really?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but what part of any of this sounds like everything is okay? Oh, it's because she drives that it's okay, well that just makes everything much better! If he was so concerned about driving he would have busted his ass to try and get his license. Yet, he is not.
However, his small smiles, his eyes, his laugh all just win me over. His fingers rubbing my arm. His small, random kisses on my cheek. Immature? Maybe, but he has a right to be. It's just that I'm considered too mature for my age. Screws us both over, but, "opposites attract."
I'll admit, I'm very jealous. I wasn't always, but when I realized what a catch my boyfriend really was, I got protective. Maybe even a little obsessed. "Clingy." That may be true, but at least I show that I care. Give me a chance, I will prove that I can be the best girlfriend in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment